Dr. T. R. Kannan, our CTO has a Ph.D. and M.Tech in CAD/CAM from Indian Institute of Technology Madras with more than 25+ years of experience in research and CAD/CAM software development. Has built many products and technologies from scratch to commercialization. Has a rich set of papers in international journals, conferences, white papers, technical reports, etc. Has filed two patents to his credit. The link for his publications in Researchgate is available here. Has vast experience in 3D Modeler development, 2D and 3D desktop and Webapp development, CAD Customization, ThreeJS, Feature Recognition, 2D/3D Nesting, Design for Manufacturing, Manufacturing planning automation, Scheduling, Additive Manufacturing, Slicing, 3D based Cost estimation, etc. Currently he handles product management and product development activities at ALARVY.
Publications of our CTO, Dr. T. R. Kannan
1. “Methods and systems for feature recognition”, US 9886529 B2, Feb 2018. Download
2. “Systems and methods for bevel feature recognition and bevel profile generation”, US 9811610 B2, Nov 2017. Download
3. “Methods and Systems for a Machine-Vision based AI Part Recognition System using 3D Models with CNN”, Indian Patent Application Number 202141011046, March 2021. Link
4. “Systems and methods for 2D and 3D nesting of 3D parts ”, To be Filed.
5. “Systems and methods for grouping of 3D parts for 2D and 3D group nesting ”, To be Filed.
6. “Automatic Flat Pattern Development of Sheet Metal Components from Orthographic Projections”, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, 42(13), 1415-1425, 2002. Link
7. “Feature Recognition of Sheet metal Components from Orthographic Drawings”, International Journal of Industrial Engineering, 9(4), 408-417, 2002.
8. “Processing of 3-D Sheet Metal Components in STEP AP-203 Format – Part I: Feature Recognition System”, International Journal of Production Research, 47(4), 941-964, 2009. Link
9. “Processing of 3-D Sheet Metal Components in STEP AP-203 Format – Part II: Feature Reasoning System”, International Journal of Production Research, 47(5), 1287-1309, 2009. Link
10. “Planner for sheet metal components to obtain optimal bend sequence using a genetic algorithm”, International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, 21(7), 790-802, 2008. Link
11. “A Virtual Sheet Metal Bending Setup Planner”, International Conference on Manufacturing and Management – 2004 (GCMM – 2004), Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, Dec 2004. Download
12. “Automatic CNC Code Generation for Engraving Depression and Protrusion Fonts”, World Class Manufacturing (WCM 2003), Amrita Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, May 2003. Download
13. “A Graphical Approach for Solving Three Variable Linear Programming Problems”, Recent Developments in Materials Processing (RDMP–04), Bharathiyar College of Engineering and Technology, Karaikal, Mar 2004. Download
14. “An Expert System for Selection of Adhesives”, Recent Developments in Materials Processing (RDMP–04), Bharathiyar College of Engineering and Technology, Karaikal, Mar 2004. Download
15. “Generation of 3D Models from Orthographic Projections for Prismatic Components”, Advancement in Materials and Manufacturing Technology (CAMMT-04), IIT Madras, Chennai, Apr 2004. Download
16. “Routing and Dispatching Automated Guided Vehicles using Genetic Algorithm”, Advancement in Materials and Manufacturing Technology (CAMMT-04), IIT Madras, Chennai, Apr 2004. Download
17. “Automatic CNC Code Generation for Profiles and Pockets”, National Conference on Challenges in Achieving Global Quality (CAGQ 2004), Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai, May 2004. Download
18. “CAD/CAM” – T.R. Kannan, T.R. Srinivasan, S.S. Manian and P. Rajagopal, Balachitra Publishers, 2000.
19. “Design for Manufacture and Assembly” Chapter 3, Manufacturing Engineering Handbook, Edited by Hwaiyu Geng, McGraw Hill, Feb 2015. Link
20. “Sheet Metal Fabrication: It starts from Design”, Asia Pacific Metalworking Equipment News, 40-41, May-Jun 2010. Download
21. “Are you maximizing your nesting efforts?”, The Fabricator, 64-66, Nov 2010. Link
22. “Design for Additive Manufacturing”, Geometric Ltd., July 2013. Link
23. “Building next-generation sheet metal CAM”, Geometric Ltd., Feb 2014. Link
24. “Recent Additive Manufacturing Trends”, Geometric Ltd., Nov 2014. Link